Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weathersfield Vermont News, Week of October 21, 2013

What a difference a thousand miles make. Saturday morning I was feeding the wood stove in the kitchen because it was 36 degrees out. Today, I'm in South Carolina.  We turned on the air conditioner driving yesterday, the leaves on the trees are still mostly green and the heat hasn't been turned on yet.

Sandy Martel was up visiting her son in Massachusetts, then came to Weathersfield for a couple of days. We attended the author visit and signing at the library, had some great food, she spent some time with us and the kids and then we headed south. An overnight at my cousin, Patty's in Marion, PA., then on to Anderson.

Mike, my husband, insists that the wood stove in the basement will be functional when I arrive home. Otherwise, I might have to stay down here!

There will be a Halloween Party at the Library on Saturday, October 26th from noon to 1:30 pm. Sign up is not necessary. Hope to see you there!

The baby is here!!! Gavin arrived just a little late for posting in last week's paper. He was born at 11:33 pm, almost 9 pounds, everyone is happy and healthy!

Just finished my second cup of coffee. Time to put on some shorts and head out to see what bargains we can find. I'll be back on the road Thursday, headed north, for the wood stove and cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment