We at Weathersfield Police Department would like to offer up these few Halloween safety tips for parents and children:
* Give and accept wrapped or packaged candy only.
* Only go to houses that you know the owner.
* Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten.
* A parent or adult should accompany children when they are trick-or-treating.
* Carry a flashlight.
* Stay within your neighborhood; only visit homes you know.
* Use make-up or face paint instead of masks. Make sure the child has good visibility.
* Choose costumes that are flame retardant.
* Wear light-colored clothes, short enough to not trip. Add reflective tape to dark costumes.
* Watch for vehicle traffic and use caution when crossing the street.
Anyone who sees something suspicious is asked to contact the Weathers
field Police Department at 802-674-2185.