Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Family of missing Vt. teen speak out

 
 
 
 http://www.wcax.com/story/23920277/family-of-missing-vt-teen-speak-out
BURLINGTON, Vt. - 
 
Contact VSP - New Haven  802-388-4919

Hailey Rheaume-Fox has been missing since October 11th. "Hailey is a beautiful young lady, she loves sports, she loves to sing, she is very artistic," said her mom, Michelle Aubin.

Aubin has no idea where her daughter is. "I don't have any idea where Hailey is right now, we have kind of searched everywhere," she said.

It's a search that's kept the Ferrisburgh teen's family up for weeks. "It is hard there is no sleeping at night. You filter emails all night you, filter phone calls, you drive yourself crazy with tips," said Cheryl Fox-O'Dell, Hailyey's Aunt.

And it has had her loved ones looking all over. "The only thing I do know is that I have searched everyday for her. I have spent hours walking the streets, you know sitting in vehicles watching areas for 8 to 10 hours at a time," Aubin said.

Vermont State Police say they are concerned for Hailey's safety, and say tips lead them to believe she could be in Massachusetts or New York, they but couldn't provide details about what they think has happened to the teen.

"I mean, we don't know," said Vermont State Police Captain J.P. Sinclair. "Anytime we have -- especially a young woman like this -- that's missing under these circumstances... we certainly are in fear for her well-being and safety... certainly if we can sit down and talk with her, even if it's over the phone, to try to ascertain where she's at in life right now... and what we can do to help."

A key issue for investigators -- text messages coming from Hailey's phone. At first they thought they were hers, but now think someone else is using her phone. Hailey's mom agrees. "It just wasn't texts that she would typically text me back if it were her texting, that's how I know they weren't from her," Aubin said.

Aubin has already lost one child to a illness and says she's fighting to find Hailey. "It is a very scary thing, probably the most heart-wrenching effect that you could ever go through besides losing a child, in all honesty. I have lost a child so I know what that feels like," she said.

And she has a simple wish for her 'little girl.'  "I just want Hailey to know that I love her and I cherish her and I just want her to come home to me," Aubin said.

Vermont State Police say they have received a number of tips connected to Hailey's disappearance. They do not believe this case is connected to other missing teen cases like Abigail Hernandez in New Hampshire.  Anyone with any information is asked to give them a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment