Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

On-Line Used Sports Equipment Exchange

I have been thinking about the idea of an online used sports equipment exchange.

I find carting my kids to ski swaps and the like to be overwhelming and claustrophobic. How does one sort through all that stuff, battle the crowd, keep track of little ones and pocketbooks and wind up with what one needs? It's beyond me. I tried it once and swore "never again."

Anywho, I'd be happy to employ a good old fashioned spreadsheet to match seekers with sellers/givers/swappers. Nothing fancy, but an easy way to pass along what we all no longer need and someone else can surely use.

If you want to be part of it, send me an email with what you have -- equipment name (e.g., hockey skates, soccer cleats, snowshoes, downhill skis, etc.), size, condition (lightly used, heavily used, new), color or style (say, "Hello Kitty") if that's relevant, and indicate a price or "free." Also your contact info (email and phone maybe?) and location (town). I'll make a "notes" field if there's any other info or detail you wish to provide.


If there is something you are looking for, email me whatever of the same categories you require.
I'll put you in touch with someone who wants your stuff or who has the stuff you're looking for, and the two parties can sort out the details.

We'll see how it goes.
Thanks!
Susan

 Shindinger@tds.net

No comments:

Post a Comment