Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Weathersfield News, Week of May 19, 2014

What a blur the last two weeks have been. The weather has been nice and every chance I get I am outside working on the farm. There has been progress made. The pigs are now outside, the chickens have been moved and their new outside pen put up. The goats are outside and enjoying their summer accommodations. I only have half of one stall left to clean and barn spring cleaning will be done :)  The horses are in their summer pastures and the only thing I have left to do in the fields is pick up stones. We grow them by the dozens!

The Kiss a Pig Fundraiser for the Weathersfield Proctor Library was a HUGE hit! 'Spot' the pig graced us all with his presence. The Winner was Weathersfield School Principal JeanMarie Oakman. She told me she had never seen a live pig before, much less kissed one! She was a great sport! Spot not only got kisses from JeanMarie, but kisses from a few others, also! He went home and is enjoying his days in the outside pen with his three brothers. The Library Expansion Fundraiser brought in almost $950.00!!!!

Went Sunday afternoon to visit our new baby billy goat. We have yet to pick a name, but he is a doll!!! He let me hold him and snuggle with him. Soon, he will be a little too big to do that. We should be able to bring him home around the first week of June.

Sonny Grover was laid to rest in North Springfield Cemetery this last Saturday. The forecast was for lots of rain, but the sun was shining and the sky was beautiful. It was a very nice service with a few other fire departments participating and a full honor guard.

The vegetables the kids helped me plant are growing big!  I have peppers, tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, cucumbers and pumpkins all growing like crazy. Now we just have to have the outside ground warm enough so I can plant them where they can really grow! Can't wait for all the fresh produce from the garden.

My mother, Bev, and I finished placing American flags in the Weathersfield Cemeteries for Memorial Day this last week. The grounds are being cleaned and mowed. I still don't have any information on the ceremony for the Veterans Memorial in Perkinsville. I will post it on the WeathersfieldVermontNews.blogspot.com as soon as it is available.

Enjoy the sunshine and warm weather. Now, hopefully, that all the frost warnings are gone, we can think about planting the garden this weekend. I love playing in the warm dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment