Wow! What a week it's been. The remaining five horses safely made their way here, to Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society in West Windsor, and are settling in nicely. It's a big change for the gang - Monarchy, Mustah, Iman, Almuth, and Mishar Ami - but thanks to all of you and our Lucy Mackenzie staff, they're handling everything remarkably well.
We are still seeking homes for these five. Everybody has been incredibly supportive and done their part in spreading the word. Again, if you or anybody you know is interested in fostering or adopting, don't hesitate to contact Heidi at 802-484-5829 or email@example.com.
Until we find homes for them, we are still in need of help at the shelter. Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society is about 15 minutes south of GMHA, and I'd be happy to provide directions. The routines are all basically the same, just a different location! We have changed the schedule slightly, though:
AM Shift - 7:30AM - 12:00PM - includes feeding, filling water buckets, mucking stalls, turning out, walking, and more
PM Shift - 3:00PM - 4:30PM - includes feeding, filling water buckets, grooming, walking, light mucking, and more
I've listed the shifts that we still need help with below. Please let me know your availability and I will schedule and confirm ASAP.
REMAINDER OF THIS WEEK, WEEK OF 4/26
4/28 TUESDAY PM (TODAY)
4/29 WEDNESDAY PM
5/1 FRIDAY PM
5/2 SATURDAY PM
WEEK OF 5/3
5/3 SUNDAY AM AND PM
5/4 MONDAY PM
5/5 TUESDAY AM AND PM
5/7 THURSDAY AM AND PM
5/8 FRIDAY PM
5/9 SATURDAY PM
VOLUNTEER RULES AND GUIDELINES
- We need a completed and signed Volunteer Release, Waiver and Confidentiality Agreement (1 document) from all volunteers prior to beginning your first shift.
- All volunteers must sign-in and sign-out.
- Absolutely no changes are to be made to the feeding schedule or care of the horses, unless directed by Heidi Edmunds.
- All volunteer scheduling needs to be done through me. It's best to reach me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), but you can also call me at 802-484-5829 Tuesday through Saturday. If you must call with an emergency on Sunday or Monday, you can reach me on my cell at 603-762-8026.
- If you are scheduled to work a shift and are unable to make it, please notify me immediately. My contact information is below.
- Wear layers and bring gloves when you come for your shifts.
Again, from all of us at Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society, THANK YOU! We couldn't do this without you.
Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society