Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Weathersfield News, Week of March 31, 2014

In Weathersfield, it looks like spring is finally on the way. I was doing barn chores in my shirt sleeves, got out my favorite 'old hoe' and was diverting water down the drive way to get rid of the puddles. It was a beautiful, sunny day!  The weather forecast for the week looks promising - not only for the snow to melt but the sap to run!

However, I entered another time zone on Sunday afternoon. I drove to Hardwick, VT to spend a couple of days with my sister, Cathy and her son, Corey. Winter is still in full swing up this way. Snow banks in their yard easily hide my minivan from the street. There was ice and snow on the windshield when I got up to take Corey to school at 7:15. The dogs are quickly in and out, not wanting to hang out in the fenced in back yard for too long.

I'm very glad that I will be returning in short order to the southern part of the state where the snow banks are diminishing and the sap is running. While I love visiting my sister and nephew, I will be happy to leave the arctic zone.

The list is out! There are many positions left to be filled in the Town. Appointments available for: Ancient Roads Committee, Connecticut River Development Corporation: Representative and Alternate, Connecticut River Joint Commission, CRJC Mt Ascutney Subcommittee, Conservation Commission (One four year term open), Emergency Management Coordinator, Fence Viewer (Two Openings), Parks and Recreation Commission (Three Openings), River Connection Regional Partnership Representative, Southeastern Vermont Community Action, Inc. Representative, Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commissioner, Veterans’ Memorial Committee, Weathersfield Zoning Board of Adjustment (Four Openings / Three members, one alternate) and Weigher of Coal

To fill an appointment, all you need to do is put a request in writing (email also works) to the Town Manager, Jim Mullen, at townmgr@weathersfield.org

The Weathersfield School is holding a Penny Sale on April 5th at 2pm. Grand Prize Tickets on sale for the Penny Sale. Some of the items are a Pandora Bracelet, Gas Grill with a cooking utensil set and an IPAD. You do not need to be present to win. Tickets re 1.00 for one or a book of 6 for 5.00. Tickets can be purchased at the school or contact : Jim & Tammy Rice 263-5167, Krissy Preston 236-2446, Crystal Thibodeau 230-6104, Kelly O'Brien 263-5373

Enjoy the warm days and the smell of sap condensing into syrup! The sweet smell of spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment