Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Scam Alert!

*****NEW SCAM*****
A Springfield resident advised of receiving a call similar to this that has been posted on a scam-blog site:

My mother-in-law got a call from a person telling her that I needed to call 844-807-9733 and give them this case ##########. That I was named in a fraud case and needed to contact the plaintiff at the above number. In the mean time I start getting calls from an unknown caller stating his name which I forgot. Saying he had a summons for me and that I could settle with the company.
This appears to be a fishing scam for money by frightening you into thinking you can buy your way out of a summons or potential court action.

Do NOT call the number ---- it is a hoax and people have reported that calling the number then leads to non-stop harassing phone calls. These calls are put thru a switching station and are impossible to trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment