Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weathersfield News, Week of March 23, 2014

Weathersfield Mourns The Passing Of Sonny Grover

I
t is with a heavy heart that I share the news of the loss of a great man.

Clarence “Sonny” Grover passed away Saturday, March 22, 2014.

He was a founding member of the West Weathersfield Volunteer Fire Department and served the department for 47 years.

He served the Town of Weathersfield as Fire Warden for 44 years and as Chief for 35 years.
Visitation will be held at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield, on Friday, March 28 at 10 a.m. A service will follow at 11 a.m. A reception will be held immediately after at the VFW in Springfield. Sonny's burial will be held in May at the Pine Grove Cemetery in North Springfield. Memorial contributions may be made to the Bow Baptist Church, PO Box 522, Ascutney, Vt. 05030 or the West Weathersfield Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 196, Perkinsville, Vt. 05151.

I grew up in the WWVFD, surrounded by many great men. Only one of which was Sonny. He now joins Charlie Frank, Chick Barr, Bob Howe, Kerry Stapleton and Ray Horton. (Please forgive me if I have left anyone out.) There are a few of the “Old Guard” still around, but the number gets smaller every year. These are my 'honorary uncles'. They each hold a special place in my heart.

My family and I send our most sincere and heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Sonny will be greatly missed.
WeathersfieldVTNews.blogspot.com


Lynn Esty 

No comments:

Post a Comment