Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Weathersfield News week of 8/19/2013

What a wonderful run of sunshine and warm weather we have had. It's been just the right temperature outside days and evenings.

I've (finally) caught up with the weeds in my garden. Now it's time to start canning and freezing. How good all those vegetables will taste when it's cold and snowy outside.

The Finale Party for the summer reading program was a big hit! All total, the participants (of all ages) read over 50,000 minutes this summer!!! We set a new record. The number of hours read gets bigger and bigger each year! The Frippery was a success (according to what I was told)! Summer's almost over and in a few weeks, the kids will be headed back to school.

I was in the store the other night and Halloween stuff was already out. Sigh! My wonderful sister reminded me on Saturday that there are only 129 days left until Christmas. Big Sigh!

It has been very busy the past couple of weeks and the next few weeks aren't going to be much different. I do have a ray of sunshine in my busy schedule, though... my wonderful husband is taking the day off from work on Tuesday (after my morning meeting) and taking me to the beach. A whole day alone, just the two of us, and walking on the beach. A mini-vacation for the the both of us.

Fall is coming. Leaves are starting to turn bright colors, pumpkins are already turning orange in the garden and the daylight is slipping away as each evening, dark comes earlier and earlier. Enjoy our last days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment