Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Letter from Stu Lindberg, Candidate for Vermont House of Representatives

I am a lifelong Vermonter.

When our two girls were born it was a foregone conclusion that they would be raised here in Vermont then leave the state to find a place where they could find a good job and afford to live.

Until the last few years I never imagined that my wife and I would have to follow them out of the state for the same reason.

The majority of my friends and their children have packed up and moved to greener pastures. In the last two years I have seen a number of my friends and neighbors pack up and depart. 

One of them was an eight generation Vermont farmer and a former Vermont State Representative. Many of the out of state folks that moved to Cavendish in the last 15 years are selling and leaving.

They are leaving for the same reason. Lack of affordability driven by high taxation and government overreach. 

I speak with local business in Cavendish and Weathersfield and they are struggling fiercely to stay afloat. 

The residents and second home owners in our towns shop and do business across the river in NH. This includes a number of Windsor County politicians. The same ones that vote to raise your taxes. 

Why is this? The business and tax situation in Vermont is unfriendly to business and citizens.
This is not a secret. What to do about this? 


I am running for office because I care deeply about my state, its future and our futures as residents here. The state government is in serious need of a course correction.


As an independent I will work across the aisle with all parties to make our government more efficient and accountable to those of us paying the bills.

Stu Lindberg.
Candidate for Vermont House of Representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment