Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weathersfield News, Week of June 2, 2014

Welcome Summer! We thought you would never get here!  You must have left Old Man Winter in Alaska because it snowed there last week. He can stay there, though. Tell him to take a nice long vacation!

What a wild ride these last two weeks have been. Many changes, many sudden, unexpected turns of events. Everyone is well, praise God!

I started my new job two weeks ago. I am now a job coach for a wonderful young woman with Down Syndrome who volunteers at the local humane society. It is such a blessing to work with her. It is especially great that all the work we do goes to helping the animals.

We picked up our baby billy goat on Saturday. I decided to name him Romeo. He is an adorable little 8 week old tri-colored buckling. He, Petunia, Violet and Penny are going to make some beautiful babies come next spring :) He misses his momma - sounds just like a little one calling MAAAA! He's getting plenty of pampering and he has settled in quite nicely.

I went for a ride with my friend, Kate, last week. It's the first time in over a year that I have been on horseback. We rode some trails near her house at the base of Ascutney Mtn. I didn't get to ride my most favorite trail horse because he was home, minding the herd. I got to ride my second most favorite, Gem. It was so great to be back in the saddle. If all things work out, will be riding again this week, also!! I might just get in the habit of riding on a regular schedule again.

Mowing lawns, cleaning the barn, cleaning up the yard, working and finishing up baby blankets. One needs to be mailed to Maryland on Monday for my cousins baby boy, Everett. Another one done for Gavin. Need to finish up the sweater for the one to arrive in the next month! Busy, busy, busy!

Night of 1,000 Stars at the Weathersfield Proctor Library was wonderful, as usual. It was my last 'un-official' duty as Assistant Librarian. I will continue on with the Adult Book Group the first Thursday of each month as a volunteer. I love the library and miss it, however, my new job is greatly rewarding and a new challenge that utilizes my coaching certifications I received after working toward them for the last 14 months.

It's going to be a busy month. A 20th anniversary renewal of vows, a 25th anniversary, a baby shower, Father's Day, a baby to arrive in the family!!! :) It seems as if there is something going on every day of every weekend in June! Glad the weather has been nice and is predicted to be - at least for this weekend. Hope the thunder storms they are predicting will happen after everyone is in for the evening and can enjoy the light show.

Graduation is coming up fast, also. Please, whatever you do, young and old - DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. The life you may save may be your own or someone you love. Call for a ride. Have a designated driver! Sleep over. Stay safe and live another day. And don't forget to Buckle Up!!!

The grand kids helped me plant the seeds for a bunch of different garden plants a few weeks ago. We have a lot of them still inside, growing like crazy! Peppers, summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes and pumpkins! The pumpkins they helped plant - the 100 pound kind - they planted 12... and all 12 came up!!!  They are now planted in their own special bed behind the garden so they can grow like crazy. How many pumpkins do you think we will get from 12 pumpkin plants this year? How big do you think the biggest one will weigh? The kids are taking bets to see who is the closest. The one that gets the closest gets the biggest pumpkin!!

We haven't planted the garden yet - except for the pumpkins - hopefully that will happen this weekend.

Hope you are all finding time to enjoy a quiet evening around a camp fire with your friends and family like we did with Mike's sister, Ellen, her boyfriend, Matt, their brother John and wife, Bette Jo, our daughter, Ashley, and her boyfriend Pat and Ellen's friends that were camping near them - eeeekkK!!! I can't remember their names.. I think hers started with an 'S'... my apologies for a fried brain... It was a wonderful evening, great company and great food.

Summer is here. Stay hydrated and enjoy the weather. Me?  I'm going riding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment