Community Survey from the Weathersfield School Board
June 13, 2017
The Weathersfield School Board would like your thoughts to inform the vision and direction for the Board for the coming year. As residents, parents, and community members, your views are important to us. The Board will compile the responses to this survey and consider them with other sources of input including school staff during our Board retreat at the end of July. This survey will be sent out electronically as a survey monkey and in hard copy form. Please send hard copy responses to the Weathersfield School office by July 10, 2017. The survey monkey should also be completed by the same date. Thank you for helping the Weathersfield School continue to be a great resource in our community.
1. What are you most proud of about our school?
2. What would you like to see changed or improved?
3. What other information would you like us to know?
4. How do you get news about the school? How can we improve in this area?
5. The Weathersfield Act 46 Committee continues to seek input on how our community can meet the expectations of the law and still meet the needs of our community. The committee is meeting on June 15, 2017 at 7 p.m. in room 210 at Windsor School. Windsor and West Windsor are considering a merger. Hartland and Weathersfield have the same Pre K through 8 grade structure and they both have high school choice. If Weathersfield and Hartland decide not to merge voluntarily the law would allow a forced merger. Either way, high school choice would be preserved as it is now, but the school boards and budgets would be combined. Do you have any thoughts or concerns about this that the board should consider?
The Weathersfield School Board
JeanMarie K. Oakman, Principal
135 Schoolhouse Road
Ascutney, Vermont 05030
(802) 674-5400, ext. 129
Fax: (802) 674-9963