Monday, February 13, 2017

Don't Forget To Clear Snow From All Exhaust Vents

Grand Isle Volunteer Fire Dept's photo.

With the current forecast of snow please remember to keep your exhaust vents clear. Blocked vents can cause Carbon Monoxide to backup into your house which can be deadly.

Some signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include:
Dull headache
Nausea or vomiting
Shortness of breath
Blurred vision

If you experience any of these symptoms or your alarms start sounding evacuate the building and call 911 immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment