WEATHERSFIELD — Fire officials said an oil furnace sparked a two-alarm blaze in a single-family home at 465 Maple St. Thursday.
The homeowner, who lived alone, reported the fire at 5:27 p.m. as a structure fire, Weathersfield Fire Chief Josh Dauphin said.
Dauphin said the fire started in the oil furnace, but it was not known what caused it.
The owner used two fire extinguishers but was unable to put out the fire before he was overcome by smoke and heat, Dauphin said.
There were no injuries, Dauphin said.
While the house is “salvageable,” it will be “a couple of days before he can go back in,” the chief said.
The homeowner has made arrangements to stay with a neighbor, he said.